Owning a car is a dream come true for every man. Be it a simple family car or luxurious car or an expensive sports car, it is always special for you and your family. Having a car is not a hard task today, but maintaining it is. A long to-do list comes with each car you purchase. Among all the necessary tasks, finding the best car mechanic is one such tiring job. You will find many car servicing centers, but getting the best one is bit tough for anyone. There are several things that one must look out while finding a good car mechanic. Following are the points that one must consider:
- Your car’s Composition: This is one mandatory thing for all. You might not be able to repair your car as you are not a car mechanic or engineer, but knowing basic things about your car is always a wise idea. Before you hand over your car to your mechanic, you must know about the knick-knacks of your car. Being the owner, you must have idea about the small things like engine, battery, clutch, brakes and have a basic idea of how they work, so that you know what could be the technical issue that is nagging your car. If you attempt to move around without even basic idea about your car, its parts, and its functioning, your ignorance will be taken advantage of and you could be taken for a ride by the service center. You must basically have an idea about:
- Damaged part.
- What to be replaced.
- Whether to be replaced or repaired.
- Engine details and other working details.
- Model information and use of each part.
Make sure to get all this information before you hand over your car to the mechanic.
- Procedure of Repair, Costs, Time: As soon as you get to know the anatomy of your car, your next step will be to do some home work on your own. Get some details about the damaged part. Even if you don’t have any damaged part, you need to know how long it takes for servicing, the cost associated with it and how the repair or replacement process is done. Even if you get the best car mechanic in town, being the car owner, it is your responsibility to know things in detail.
- Look for Certification, Affiliation and Experience: When you search for a professional mechanics, don’t just go for fancy words or high definition websites. Get the full details of their certification and affiliation. If they are not a certified car servicing center, then drop the idea of contacting them.
- Online Feedback / Reviews: Online reviews are widely available. You can any time check them for your reference. If you have already selected one, then check the reviews by customers in recent times. Their process, timing, costs, experience have to be checked.
- Check with Local Agencies: If you don’t get convinced with the online review then local car consultants, neighbors, relatives, or friends can help you locate the best car mechanic in your locality. Those who have cars or know someone personally can recommend someone. This will be much more efficient than online reviews.
- Visit Their Center / Meet Your Mechanic: Confirming service by talking with them over phone or booking online is not recommended. Always visit their centers before you confirm their contract. Personally, meet the mechanic and have a talk with them.
- Compare Price and Check for Hidden Costs: Before you head towards the final booking, compare the price offered by various servicing centers. Also check for the hidden cost. Most of the time at the face of it, it looks cheap but at the end you could be slapped with a heavy bill.
Make sure to check all these things before you get the best car mechanic for your expensive car.