Mattress is not something that we tend to buy very often. Once purchased, a mattress will easily last you for the next five years. Therefore, it is extremely important to choose a comfortable mattress – something that is a perfect size of bed. So, say for instance you have a king size bed, it goes without saying that you will need to pick the right king size mattress.
Also, a lot of attention needs to be paid while choosing the mattress because how well you sleep actually depends on the kind of mattress you have. Whether your bed is king size or queen size, make sure that mattress is the one that you find comfortable and gives you a good sleep. Some mattresses may be highly uncomfortable and result in backache. So, it depends from individual to individual as to which mattress matches them. While some may find a particular king size mattress very cozy, the other may get a horrible backache sleeping on that same mattress.
Types of mattresses –
The comfort level of a mattress actually depends on the mattresses’ core. Therefore, it is very important to decide what kind of mattress you would want. Let’s take a look at the options available –
- If you like a bouncy bed, then you should opt for innerspring king size mattresses that will give your bed the bouncy feel.
- For those of you who like a firm base, memory foam mattresses is a great option for you. You can choose from a variety of foam thicknesses available.
- Latex mattresses are another type of mattresses that most people buy. These are quite similar to memory foam mattresses but these have little more bounce. Latex mattresses are of two kinds - Dunlop latex which is heavier and Talalay latex which is the lighter version.
- Mattresses can be customized to suit your needs and for those considering customization, air-filled vinyl mattresses and rubber chamber mattresses are a perfect buy. These come with a remote control that allows you to control the level of air in the mattress to make softer or firmer.
Now that you know basic varieties of mattresses, it is very important for you to follow the below mentioned steps as you start your search for the right mattress for your home. Here are some of the things that you need to do before you settle on the right king size mattress.
- Research thoroughly: Your first step should be to research the market thoroughly. You can visit a retail showroom for your mattress or browse through the online portals that sometimes even offer huge bargains. Also, read reviews for the ones that you have shortlisted. Understanding the warranty terms by the mattress manufacturer is an important part of your research.
- Measure your bed: Once you have completed your initial research, the next step would be to take exact measurements of your bed. Most beds have standard sizes such as Queen Size, King Size, and Super King size and so on; however, this varies from country to country. Mattresses are to be bought as per the size of your bed. For instance, for a king size bed you need a king size mattress.
- Understand your lifestyle and how you sleep: How many hours on an average you tend to spend in bed, how you sleep are all important deciding factors. Ask yourself if you spend a lot of time in bed, do you sleep on your back, stomach or sideways.
- Set your budget: Mattresses come in all ranges. Know how much you are willing to spend and choose accordingly.
After choosing the right king size mattress for your home, make sure to clearly understand that protecting your mattress from dust and allergens is also very important for its longevity. Ensure you use a mattress protector to keep your mattress clean and bacteria-free.