The blinds chosen by you can make a whole lot of difference to the décor of your home, so you need to take time and make an effort in opting for blinds to avoid any regrets later. You need to keep the style and design in focus before you make your choice. Besides being decorative, you need to make sure that these are functional. Whether you opt for the Roman or the Venetian blinds, make sure that you know about the manufacturing details and choose colors, which blend well with your interior.
What are the tips to consider, before you choose blinds for your home and office?
Matching your style
The blinds chosen by you should be a reflection of your style besides being able to match the décor of your home. You can choose between traditional, ornate, contemporary or even modern, depending on how your home has been decorated. In case you wish the windows to be the centre of attraction in the room you can think of opting for the blinds which have bright colors and rich materials. In case you wish the window to be blended in the background, you can think of neutral and simple blinds. There are manual and motorized blinds, which you can incorporate as part of your home décor.
The Room taken into consideration
- Before you plan out the blinds of your home, you need to know where and how these will be used. There are specific blinds which are suitable for certain uses.
- If you are planning blinds for the kid’s room you can think of the fabric blinds, as you will have a wider choice in colors and these are also easier to handle. Talking about the dining room, you can think of the wooden blind which can add sophistication besides style, and if it is the bathroom, look for durable blinds which can offer the required privacy and are also resistant to moisture.
Cleaning the Blinds
Most of the blinds attract dust but occasional cleaning is enough. If you have opted for metal or wooden blinds vacuuming gently or regular dusting can keep them clean for many years. Wooden blinds tend to be easier to clean and are also more durable. If you are planning to opt for fabric blinds, you need to be prepared for mildew in the areas which are moist, like your bathroom. You can think of aluminum shutters for areas which are exposed to a lot of heat. Roller blinds, panel glides, and hardwood blinds are a good option for your home, as these do not crack, warp or rot.
Privacy and Light
- The most important factor to be considered before you buy the blinds for our home is the light and privacy required.
- Bedrooms can be comfortable with the block out blinds as these can block out all the light and also can offer you the quiet and privacy required for a sound sleep.
- Roller shades and Roman Blinds work apt for the living room where you have most of your guests being entertained.
Safety taken into account
With pets or children around it’s advisable not to choose blinds with lift cords which are dangling , lead paint, wand controls or even loose rails as these tend to invite danger. With advance in technology this industry has been able to provide blinds which are much safer and convenient to operate. The other technology where you can operate your blinds from anywhere with a remote control has taken the safety factor to a new level.
Choosing blinds for functionality, convenience and the décor of your house is definitely fun with all the options available these days. They are not just functional, but they also enhance the resale value of your house.
If you want to know more about blinds then, check this link you’ll get more ideas.