Modern roller shutters not just preserve the overall security of your home, or your garage, but they also enhance the aesthetic value of your property. If they are motorized ones, then you can control them with a remote, and if you want, you can even mix and match the traditional and the modern shutter designs to give a new look to your domestic or commercial property. These shutters do not obstruct the free flow of natural air and sunlight; hence your rooms remain moisture-free.
There are different types of modern roller shutters available, some of which are:
Automatic roller shutters: These shutters can be operated with a single controller and come with control panels, automatic systems, wired sensors, motors and so on. These are convenient for high windows because the shutters can be opened or closed with a remote from even from distant places, and they come in various sizes and with different motors and these also offer superior security.
Manual shutters: Nowadays, even manual shutters are also one of the popular types in the modern roller shutter category. They come in great designs, colors and styles and you will be able to easily find designs and colors that suit the décor of your home. They are not operated with the help of any complex mechanism, hence they cost much less than the electrically operated modern roller shutters.
Fire roller shutters and their multiple uses:
- These types of roller shutters can be of great use to commercial buildings and restaurants because they offer fire protection.
- These are steel roller shutters and can be electrically operated and in terms of an emergency fire situation, the whole shutter can be automatically closed so that fire would not seep in and thus ensures that the fire is not spread to other areas.
- Since they operate with back-up batteries, these fire shutters function at all situations and times.
- These do not work as automatic shutters but these roller shutters can be motorized and come with frost resistance.
- They are convenient to use and also offer maximum security. These shutters are suitable for places with extreme weather conditions.
Apart from this, you can also find continental roller shutters which offer a combination of great ventilation and insulation.
Points to consider when you buy modern roller shutters:
- Fit should be perfect: The modern roller shutters should not be too large or too small for your windows.. Hence it is necessary to measure the dimensions of doors and windows exactly so that the shutters can be made with accurate specifications.
- Budget: There are many types of roller shutters available and depending upon the size, utility and make, the cost varies. You can buy aluminum shutters or PVC products depending on your domestic requirement and the budget.
- Additional fittings: Modern roller shutters also come with the facility of linking them with other security systems and alarms in the house so that they can offer extra security.
- Check for guarantee and warranty: Most modern roller shutter manufacturers offer warranties and guarantees and hence you should check this point carefully. The guarantee should include not just the door quality but also even the other parts.
- Ask for additional features: Sometimes extra features such as remote system, modern controls, manual system, etc., are available with modern roller shutters. You can find these from online dealers or from local shutter sellers.
Modern roller shutters offer convenience and aesthetic appeal to your home in addition to good safety. Since there are umpteen choices available, there can be some confusion and hence do give a good thought before buying the shutters and choose the best modern roller shutter that suit your home or office.