A device that gives outdoor shade and is based on the technology of sails of the ship is called shade sail. When you have a get together on your yard or a barbecue party on the porch or a small lunch picnic, these sail shades provide great seating area protecting all from harsh sun’s ray. You can either go for a DIY technique to set up the shade sails, or you can also hire professional shade sails experts to install the shades in your garden or porch area. There are some companies which measure your outdoor area and design customized shade sails for your use.
- The shade sail is usually made from some flexible membrane or stretchable knitted fabrics. There are anchor points at the corners which help the sheet to be set up.
- Fabrics other than shade cloth like PVC or canvas variations are used to create shade sails. Installation of the shade sails can be easy with snap hooks at the corner for fast release. The mounting points must be secured enough to accept initial tension and loads created by winds hitting the shade sail.
Advantages of buying Shade Sail
The shade sails have gained popularity with time. There are many advantages of having your own shade sails.
- Protection: Staying under the sun’s rays for long period of time can cause sunburns and also skin cancers. The shade sails can be used to get protection from UV rays of the sun while spending time outside with friends and family. The sails also provide protection from light rains and drizzles.
- Environmental Benefits: The shade sails are made from recyclable materials hence the need for raw materials for manufacturing is reduced. Also the shade sails reduces the requirement of wood or other materials in construction of houses or building extension.
- Easy Setup: Shade sails can make a good extension of your house which can be put up and removed very easily. Other extensions may take weeks to be installed and taking them down is also not an easy job.
- Ventilation: Installing shade sails keeps the sun rays away from entering the house directly and the semi-permeable fabric allows the circulation of cool air. This thereby provides extra ventilation and cooling by lowering the temperature of the area covered. Hence you do not have to worry about an exceed amount of electricity bill.
- Increase the appeal of the property: Shade sails come in different colors and sized which complements the look of the entire house. These are very cheap and hence cost-effectively add to the beauty of the property.
Features and benefits of the DIY shade sails:
If you want to install the shade sails according to the DIY technique, then you can easily install these in your garden or porch area. For this, you will require some minor instruments, connecting screws and good varieties of shade cloth that can block the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. There are various sizes, colors and designs available and you can also contact a professional shade sail dealer to get the catalogue from which you can learn how to install the shade sails all by yourself.
- You can mix and match colors and shapes to give a more modern and contemporary look to your home and garden.
- You can install manageable shade cloth varieties or else, design some according to your own choice, to get a cost-effective option for shade sails.
Whenever you buy shade sails, you must try to assess the initial and the overall cost of the investment, and also decide about the material of the shade sail that you want.