The practice of replacing the conventional style curtain and partition with blinds has become quite common these days. In fact, you will find people replacing the traditional stuffs with blinds very common. If you are thinking of installing blinds in your house and give it a whole new looks, first of all you need to have a detailed idea about the different kinds of blinds that you can consider.
- Venetian blinds are the most common category of blinds and suits any place wherever you install them. Whatever kind of room or any purpose, such blinds commensurate everywhere. They are made out of horizontal slates adhered to one another. These kinds of blinds not only serve practical purpose but also look very stylish. The slates are easily pulled up fully so that your windows are made free of any obstruction.
- Roman blinds are usually found in public buildings and office settings. But these days, Roman blinds are being used in residential setups as well. When you lower these blinds, they look extremely attractive. They give you a feel of having a stylish drapery since a cloth is generally folded to look like an accordion while designing this blind.
- The most elegant of all kinds of blinds are probably the vertical blinds. They resemble venetian blinds in one respect that they can be used to completely block or unblock the access of light from the outside source inside your room. Since you can easily rotate these blinds perpendicularly to your window, you will get enough light coming inside the room.
- Another common type of blind category is the roller blind. Such blinds are highly durable and are very practical. You can easily clean your window by lifting these blinds up. They are made of plastic and are used to fully block and unblock light from entering your room. Roller blinds have a huge longevity.
These are some of the basic categories of blinds. But once you visit a store for purchasing, you will be shown a number of different varieties too. Some of the common ones out of those are being discussed below. These would add up to the list of blinds categories being discussed so far.
- Aluminum Blinds are the durable ones that help to exercise massive control over the lightness and darkness of any room. These are often endowed with many features.
- Solar blinds, another name for roller blinds are the ones that provide you with light-dimming options. These blinds are very useful to be installed in open living spaces. They save your room considerably from the ingress of the damaging UV rays.
- Vertical blind alternatives are quite similar to the normal vertical blinds. Being devoid of gaps in between them, these blinds help to control the ingress of light more than the other types of blinds.
- Wood and faux wood blinds are also very interesting ones. A large variety of wooden blinds are made out of bamboo or birch or maple. When installed in your room, such blinds add a touch of elegance and add to the beauty. If you have wooden flooring in your room, you need not to think even once before you get these!
- Pleated blinds are the ones with a cloth material which can be folded as it goes up and again be unfolded as it comes down.
- Exterior blinds are commonly found in huge windows and also in the porch areas. This type of blinds is used as per your discretion.
So these are different types of blinds are available in market. And also much benefits, features and advantages you choose distinct blinds according to your requirement!