Even though stainless steel medical trolleys are widely used in hospital industries and healthcare services, however, they are also used very commonly in industries like catering. These trolleys are made from stainless steel in order to increase their longevity and also to make them sturdy and rust proof. Good quality and high resistance stainless steel is used to make these medical trolleys which is electro polished after manufacturing to give a shiny and bright surface. The electro polishing also increases the sterility quotient of the trolleys, which is of utmost importance in these two specified industries where they are being used. These trolleys are available in a wide range of styles, which helps to serve various purposes. They usually comprise of two or more shelves, and these shelves are fixed with a strong frame. They are made mobile by attaching a set of swiveling wheels or castors at the end of their legs. Some of these trolleys also come with two or four braked wheels and lockable systems.
These trolleys look very similar to tea trolleys and provide the following advantages:
- They can be assembled very easily and swiftly if they come in a flat packing and therefore do not usually require any kind of expert assistance.
- Their electro polished and high grade steel makes them extensively useful, convenient and ideal in catering and hospital industries.
- They can be easily moved from one place to another because of the wheels or castors attached at the end of the legs.
- Out of two sets, one set of the wheels or castors is always provided with brakes in order to control its mobility.
- The locking system increases its safety.
- These trolleys are very hygienic, sterilized and also do not require much effort for its maintenance. That’s why they are widely used in hospital industries.
- They can also be supplied with full welding done.
In case you are planning to buy the medical trolleys for your own practice or for your company, then keep these few points in your mind.
- The marketplace of the medical trolleys is very wide. You will find innumerable choices, styles and models. Therefore, it is very necessary for you to jot down the purpose for which you are buying the trolley. It should be usable and serve your purpose also.
- The hygiene quotient of the medical trolley is very essential. Whether you are buying it for medicinal purpose or for catering purpose, this aspect of hygiene should be of utmost priority.
- You should make sure that the brakes and castors that these trolleys are equipped with are all in place. Or else, the mobility and the control system of the trolley will become very problematic.
- The best way out to buy is to go for one that is foldable and also portable as it will be very easy and convenient to carry from one place to another. It will also take less storage space.
- Durability and the longevity of the trolleys is another important point to be kept in mind. Don’t settle for a cheap one as it will serve your purpose on temporary basis. Buy a good quality one for long time serving.
- The locking and the security system are also very important. Ensure that the security system is well equipped so that it is of use in time of emergencies.